Another renowned Trekking route that has gained a lot of popularity over the years is the Annapurna Circuit Trek. This trek is the perfect fit for you if you desire to experience the cultural diversity in the region and encounter mind-blowing scenarios along the way. The trek provides a spectacular view of the Annapurnas, Macchupucchre, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and Langtang peaks.
This Trek typically starts from Pokhara. The beautiful city also attracts thousands of tourists every year making the Trek more and more popular. From the jungle to the high mountains, the green valley and the arid peaks, Annapurna Circuit Trek has it all. You pass through hospitable villages and the deepest gorge in the world along the way. It is way different from Annapurna Base camp Trek so be prepared to experience the most amazing trips of your life.
The highest elevation of the trek is at 5,416 m, at Thorong La Pass.
Some Major Highlights
- More than 100,000 trekkers pave the way to ABC in a year.
- The ABC trek is best for those who want to lose him/her in nature from the busy and hectic office schedule.
- On the way to the Camp the trekkers pass through series of waterfalls, beautiful villages of its own type, terraced farmlands, rhododendron forests, and amazing panoramic views of mountains which gives you the feeling of refresh forever.
- A single trip that gives you the view of popular three peaks of the world namely, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchre (Fishtail).
- You will lose visible amount of weight
- The grandiose view of a series of mountains ranging from 6000m to 8000m in the Annapurna region. The trekkers can enjoy the best views of Annapurna I (8,091m) – the 10th highest mountain in the world, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Gangapurna, Tukuche, Nilgiri, Tilicho Peak, Manaslu and other sister peaks in the region.
- Thorang-La pass (5,415m), the highest point on the Annapurna Circuit although, is the most challenging section of the this trek, it is one of the famous view point in the Annapurna region.
- Tilicho Lake (side trip required), the lake situated at the highest altitude (4,919m) in the world and the Kali Gandaki Gorge or Andha Galchi (between the Dhulagiri and Annapurna), the deepest canyon in the world.
- Trail between two of the highest mountains in the world: Annapurna and Dhaulagiri.
- The Muktinath Temple, one of the most important shrines of both Hindus and Buddhists.
- Natural Hot Spring at Tatopani to relax your tired muscles.
- Poon Hill the second famous view point in Nepal after Kala Patthar in the Everest region. (Side trip required)
- Sunrise/sunset view from Poon Hill and Thorung La pass.
- Beautiful and interesting ethnic Gurung, Thakali and Magar settlements, like Ghorepani, Marpha, Jomsom and Manang.
- A huge variety of landscapes from lush green paddy field, sub-tropical rainforest, deep valleys, alpine slopes to an arid Tibetan plateau and the deepest gorge in the world.
- Pokhara, the Lake city, a relaxing place to end the trip
- observe massive Annapurna Conservation Area.
- If you are a researcher or the student of sociology then it is more fruitful as you will get chance to encounter Sherpa people and their culture.